Friday, December 5, 2014

Witnessing true love

And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars.
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words
Cause you can hear it in the silence
You can feel it on the way home
You can see it with the lights out
You are in love, true love.      
                                                                                 - You're In Love // Taylor Swift

Well so, apparently I feel like storytelling- how I witness my parents' love. 

I know they've been in love since forever, but I never really notice or care of how really in love they were. It all started simple, it was in 2013 if I'm not mistaken, when we found out that mum got sick-really sick that she talks about death more often than before, and that when she dies I have to take care of everything and such. God knows how much patience I held in me to not slap her for talking like that, cause she's mum. And how hard it is for me to hold back my tears to not cry in front of her. 
Thank god, with God's will, mum got better. She still talks about death but not as often as before, and tho it hurts every time she starts to talk about it because I can't imagine my life without her in it, I can still endure it.

When mum got sick, dad has always been there for her. He came back home around 5pm instead of his normal time, which is around 7-9pm daily. He would massage mum every night before she sleeps, and took care of her every single second. I was pretty much annoyed tho, because I'm jealous of how in love both of them were, when I'm still, well, single. But it's okay, tho sometimes not, but I'm fine. And I love that they're so in love that it disgusts me sometimes but hey, that's how children suppose to act, don't they? Haha

I remember this one day, mum had headache. When she does, she cannot do anything.
So it was dinner time, I went down to help wan to set up for breaking fast. I went upstairs to call them down, and what I saw was mum was laying in dads lap and dad was casually sitting while watching TV. Ok, I know it sounded wrong but I was annoyed honestly hahahah ok I was jealous I admit.
Not just that tho, dad came but before he went down, he asked where mum was and I told him she went to the bathroom. He didn't go down the stairs, instead he sat on the first step of the stairs until mum came. Only then he started to stand up, holds mum's hand and yes, romantically go down the stairs together. It took me enough patience to not roll my eyes I swear hahahahaha 

But what's pissing me off until now is that both of them doesn't want to tell me how they exactly met, what made them fall in love and who chases who. Everytime I ask, mum be like oh dad chases me or dad be like mum chases me and both of them practically left me confused every single time. So eventually I gave up asking. Heh

I don't know if they ever had a big row, but what I know is that they often insult each other. And they often use me as a bait to be the middle person. Gosh, it was hell when they start insulting each other. But if that what makes them happy, so be it. I love watching them. There's a lot to tell, but I think I better keep it to only myself, of how special their love was.

Their kind of love gives me hope. Hope that I can love that way, and be loved the same way. Hope that someday, I will find the right man for me, and he is able to finish my sentences. Hope that the forever kind of love does exist, it's just a matter of time. Hope that despite the arguments, row and fights we had, we will overcome it because we simply love each other. Hope that someday I can love.

So here it is, ibu ayah. Stay this way forever until you're 99. Because someday, I'm going to tell my children how I witness your love. I love you both so much. 


Love, along.

(Urgh so annoying hahahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment